Monday, May 30, 2011

Hospital Day 5 and going home

Good morning sunshine! Ava never had to have her oxygen put on in the night. Yay! That is one step closer to going home. Now to have the chest xray done and sweat chloride test done with good results.

The sweat chloride test being done. It was super cool to watch, but is a very time consuming process. It took about an hour to do the whole test. The little wrist watch looking things are actually tubing that take the sweat off her skin and the sweat turns blue.


Ava's sweat in the test tubes.

Because we were in a pediatric hospital, it was decorated fun everywhere. This tile was on the ceiling right outside Ava's room.

The Dr said the chest xray was improved from the one taken on thursday evening so that is 2/3 of the discharge criteria met. Yay! The results of the sweat chloride test came back and one site had normal levels and the second site was borderline. The Dr said it is difficult to get enough sweat, when kids are her age, for the test to be accurate, so they are going to repeat it in a couple months. All criteria met so we get to go home. Another Dr had already read the echocardiogram (trying to help out the cardiologist on-call), that is why no one could find it, it was already filed away. The only thing the echo showed was a patent foramen ovale, which can be normal for babies her age. So no worries there. The rest of her immunology labs came back within normal limits for her age, so again, Yay! Ava is going to go home with oral antibiotics for 10 days and we have been put on house arrest. As we all know I don't do house arrest, even when I was on bedrest, while pregnant with Noah. We will stay away from Eastside playplace (I swear Noah brings home a cold everytime we go there) and the Pullman library (which will be a bummer, Noah loves to go). Hopefully it will get nice enough to play outside at the parks a lot!!

My mom and I were getting Ava ready to go. I stepped out to the car with a load of stuff and when I get back my mom says Ava smiled at her, twice. No fair!! These are my daughters first smiles, and my mom gets to see them.

Ava in her carseat, ready to say good bye to Sacred Heart forever!!

In our first escape from the hospital, we went shopping at Fred Meyer. Please note I don't do house arrest. We got home around 7pm, and Noah ran to me and yelled, "momma" over and over again. That was the best gift ever to see his face, because I missed him and Andy so much. Andy BBQed chicken for us and we ate great. So much better than cafeteria food!!

No comments:

Post a Comment