Monday, June 14, 2010

May 27: Hawaii Day 1

We flew out of Seattle because we could get cheaper tickets flying Hawaiian Air. Our flight to Hawaii was about 5 1/2 hours. It felt like an eternity but when we arrived in the hot, humid, and beautiful Hawaii, it was worth it. Noah insisted on pulling my moms luggage for her, and threw an enormous fit when it was taken away from him.

We drove to our first vacation home in Waimanalo, which is in the south east corner of Oahu. After we unloaded the cars we went to look at the beach. We had an amazing view of the ocean from the back gate of the property.

Our first family picture in Hawaii.

Andy is modeling our rental. The Dodge Charger. I have wanted a Dodge Charger since the ISP started changing all there cars to them, and we got to test drive it for 2 weeks. I am sold!!

We spent a hour or so playing on the beach before we had to get ready for dinner. The waves were so rough! We got dunked many times. I am not sure if I have ever eaten so much salt water. It was soooo nasty!!! Noah wasn't too fond of the waves because they were big and they scared him. He especially didn't like it when I got "wiped out" by the waves when he was in someone elses arms. He also didn't like the sand between his feet. So he spent time in somebodies arms the entire time at the beach. He and I eventually walked out into the waves to just stand in them and as long as I made a big deal that the waves were fun he started to enjoy the water a little more.

We ate dinner at Bob and Diana Souza's house. The boys played basketball out front. And Noah kept stealing the big balls. He didn't want the small basketball.

4 Sisters sitting in the prickly lawn.

Noah fell asleep on the car ride home from the Souzas house because it was 11:30 Noah time but only 8:30 HI time. So I just took him out of his car seat and laid him on his bed. I couldn't resist the sleeping picutres.

Our 1st day in Hawaii was exciting and exhausting all at the same time. But a good start to a great vacation!!

No comments:

Post a Comment