Noah wasn't really interested in the zoo animals we saw. It was hot and I don't really think he cared. It wasn't until we came to the part of the zoo where they had domestic animals that he showed any interest. There were giant koi in the tank in front of him and he was pretty interested in them, telling us all about them.
Then I took him into the goat enclosure, where kids could walk around to pet and talk to the goats. We thought the sign was really funny, so we had to take a picture.
Noah loved walking around petting and visiting with the goats, he spent about 5 minutes with the goat pictured below and told him a great story, that only Noah could possibly understand.
Then we went back to the hotel and had lunch at the Terrace Grille. These two salads pictured below were the best salads I have ever eaten. The fruit salad had delicious berries, melons, tropical fruits, and mango sorbet with a fresh mango. The sorbet was great, apparently I don't like mangos. The tomato avocado salad was also amazing.
After lunch Noah took a nap. Andy was faking it, though it really is a cute picture.
After I put Noah in his crib, Andy and I unpacked and repacked the suitcases for the 3rd time while on vacation, so we could get all our souvenirs packed and not go over the airplane weight limit. Later that evening we did a bit more shopping and went to dinner.
It doesn't happen very often that you see anyone you know while on vacation, but we did. We saw our friends Ethan and Angie Lane outside of the Cheesecake Factory waiting for a table. They were in Hawaii for there 5th wedding anniversary and had just arrived to Oahu.
After we ate dinner, we walked back to the hotel and Noah and I went swimming in the hotel pool and had a blast. Noah loved jumping from the side of the pool. He has greatly improved in skill since swimming lessons last summer.
After swimming we went to bed, so we could get a good nights sleep to be prepared for our long day ahead.
No comments:
Post a Comment