Saturday, October 3, 2009

Chopping Wood at Grandma Doris'

Today we went up to Post Falls to Mandie and Corey's Grandmas house to chop wood so she will stay warm for the winter. I had Noah duty so I didn't get to partake in the wood chopping fun, but I did take a lot of pictures.The girls!
Jeffrey chopping wood.


Ryan and Andy with the chainsaws.

Ryan cutting up more wood. I think I remember Grandma saying there is about 3 cords of wood. Whatever that means. Hopefully, it means there is enough to keep her from freezing this winter.

Noah waiting for the fun to begin.

Becky, Corey, and Mandie piling wood into the cart to take to the wood shed.

Andy was building a fire in the garbage can, and having a bit of difficulty. Noah took it upon himself to bring Andy wood to help start the fire. Needless to say, Noah kept bringing wood and Andy just threw it back on the ground when Noah wasn't looking. Eventually the fire got started and we roasted hot dogs over it. Yum!

Grandma Doris supervising the work being done.

Becky stacking the wood shed.

Andy and Noah having a snuggle.

Thank goodness for my jogging stroller, Noah had a pretty good nap in it, before getting back to work.
A lot of work got accomlished at Grandma Doris' house, and we had a lot of fun doing it. Next year we need to plan a weekend that isn't sooo cold. I think we were all icecubes when we were done.

2 comments:

  1. Pocatello? You mean...Post Falls? :)

    Beautiful pictures! Can I come steal them for my computer? Our hard drive died, how sad...at least I backed up the photos on DVD...but they're in Daddy's safe deposit box...hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mandie. I fixed my city. Of course you can.

    ReplyDelete