Today is the U of I Homecoming Game, Parade, and all things Vandals!! I was able to take the night before off so I could enjoy the festivities. Andy headed to the fire station early, so Corey spent the day with the kids and I. We started out by heading to the Fire Station on Main St for a pancake and sausage breakfast, before the parade. Noah was fully aware that he was going to drive the fire truck with Andy, so he inhaled his pancakes, then RAN down Main St, so we didn't miss the fire truck. As we ran down Main St, everyone googled at how adorable the kids were, especially Ava in her vandals dress and matching korker (made by yours truely). We took pictures on the fire truck of the 3 cousins, then our family on the truck, Noah is wearing Keith's battalion check helmet (which he HATED), and then Noah was holding Ava and almost through her off the fire truck, because he was done being in front of the camera. Before the parade started, the Vandals Marching Band, went by us playing the fight song. After about 15 seconds of that Ava starting crying histerically because it was so loud, then proceeded to cry for the duration of the hour long parade. We had a great time, minus the crying baby.

No comments:
Post a Comment