When we went to Hawaii in May 2010, I had good intentions to straighten my hair everyday so I "would look good," this entailed packing my straightener and blow dryer (which took up a lot of space in my suitcase). I had straightened my hair the morning we went to Hawaii, but when I stepped out into the humidity, it became a curly, wavy MESS. So I gave up. The real story is, I used them once and that was for Mandie's wedding day. With a lot of hair spray, mousse, straightening, and curling with a curling iron, I had flawless straight hair for the wedding.
Since Hawaii I have learned how to fix my hair so it can look presentable and be curly at the same time. Because in a mom's world, who has time to spend an hour having straight hair anyways? Certainly not me.
And this brings me to the title of this post. My mother gave me her curly hair, who got it from her mother, who most likely got it from her mother. And now POOR Ava has my hair. Although hers is much curlier!! I hope she can forgive me for the hair she inherited through the hair genes I wish I could have traded in.
Please FORGIVE me Ava!!
I LOVE her curly hair. So pretty just like her Mama. I will tell her that when she gets older. You know I was always envious of your curls, even if you straightened it all the time. :)
ReplyDelete