We had to take a touristy picture in front of the beautiful mountain.
Justin is a band teacher at the school in Trout Lake, so we got to see his classroom. Noah was a big fan of the drum set. Much to his dismay, he will never get one!
On Sunday we went to the Portland Zoo because it is only an hour and a half away. We had a ton of fun looking at the animals. And the weather was perfect. Cool, cloudy, but not rainy. Noah even enjoyed himself at the zoo.
Noah loved the sea lions until one of them came up for air and it startled him. He started crying after that, so we moved on.
Noah and I looking at the zebras. Noah kept talking about the "horse" and "trees." So I kept telling him they were zebras, but he didn't change his story.
Lions.
Wild dogs. We were walking through one of the indoor exhibits and they brought in the wild dogs. They are huge! Behind glass and in pictures, I never realized how big they are.
Cheetah.
The tube that is right near the serval's feet had mole rats in it and the mole rat kept teasing the serval. It was pretty funny!
Elephants.
I saw this hibiscus in a planter and had to take a picture. The whole 2 weeks in Hawaii I never did see a hibiscus this color, and in a cold rainy climate of Oregon I find one. Go figure!
Polar bears.
Bald Eagle.
Mountain goat.
On the drive home from Portland, we came across a wreck on the last stretch of road before getting to Justin and Sarah's. Fortunately it was mostly cleared, but when we got back to the house, there wasn't any power. We hadn't had dinner yet, so we made chicken enchaladas on the bbq. They were very good!
We had a great weekend with Justin and Sarah. Trout Lake was a beautiful place, but way too remote for me to live in. I don't know how they do it!
No comments:
Post a Comment