Tuesday, November 10, 2009

18 month WBE

Yesterday, Noah and I went to Pullman for his well baby exam. Everything was great; he is growing like he should be, his head is still in the 95 percentile (which is a bit of a dilemma when shopping), and he is doing most tasks that normal 18 month old kids do. The only reason that I am posting anything is because something wild happened toward the end of the appointment. The nurse was giving Noah his vaccinations, then he decided between the screaming and crying that he was done feeling pain, so he pulled the needle out of his leg and threw it on the ground. Fortunately he got all the vaccine in his leg before this happened. And the poor nurse was freaking out because there was a used, uncapped needle flying around the exam room. Needless to say I learned my lesson, so for the second shot, I held his hands down. Note to parents: Hold down your child's arms for vaccinations even if they aren't old enough to pull the needle out of their own legs.

No comments:

Post a Comment